Monday, October 31, 2011

Chapiando My Leg!


Hey family!

How's it going?  Things sound like they're going well.  This week has been a doosy.  It seems like we didn't work at all.  It wasn't too bad, but it wasn't all that great either.  Anyway, I'll start out with all the positive stuff first and then I'll see if I have time to be negative.  ;)

Well, this is kind of negative but it was a little exciting.  This Friday we had service in the morning in San Jose.  Our branch is divided into two different proselyting areas with 4 missionaries.  We four are our own district also, so we do a lot together.  Anyway, they needed some help lending service to  an investigator family in their area so we went over there to help.  All that we had to do was mow their lawn with machetes, otherwise known as Chapiando.  Well, as I was whacking at the grass with the machete, I slipped and macheted my shin....   It wasn't too big, but it was definitely deep.  You could see the fat and muscle and even a little bit of the bone.  Yikes!  I was a little bit scared but it wasn't bleeding that much so things were ok, although my companion said that it was the first time he had seen me in Petén with my face white.  Things were ok but the only problem is that I am in the furthest area in the mission from the capital. Needless to say, the doctor's offices around here are not that great.  San Jose is 20 minutes from my area and a hitchhike from my area to San Benito where the mission aproved hospital is about 35 or 40 minutes away.  After a while I finally made it and I got stitched up.  It was definitely sketchy though.  They gave me an antibiotic shot in the pompis and as she tried to give it to me, she said "hmm, hold on, this needle is dull.  It's not breaking the skin.  Let me switch."  Hopefully I didn't get a disease.  Anyways, long story shorter, I'm fine and the wound is doing well.  I'll be a little more careful next time I'm chapiando.

We had two baptisms this Saturday.  Luis Angel and Juan Francisco were baptized and are going to be great members.  I've never  seen such awesome kids get baptized.  They sure know their stuff.  We couldn't get the mom married with her husband to baptize her. But little by little I think that the Dad will soften up.  

We are having some luck with Mariana and Abraán.  She is 12 and he is 17.  Their mom is a member and they are really progressing. Their mom was inactive for a really long time but now has come back to church with them.  Abraan is expecting to big of an answer to know that this church is true, but  I think he is starting to  understand.  We kind of put a baptismal date with them for the 12th.

Also Deby seems like a really strong possibility.  She basically just needs to be taught and she'll be baptized.

This week we aren't having church or working on Sunday because of the elections.  That will be the longest day in the house of my life!  

Wow, the time is gone.  It seems like I wrote nothing.  We had an awesome P-day trip today and hiked a mountain next to the lake to take pictures.  I'll get you the pictures next week.  It was an awesome hike through the jungle.  Luckily no jaguars got us. =)

Anyways, love you guys.  Have a great week.  Keep writing, I appreciate them a lot.  =)  
Love,
Elder Lloyd

No comments:

Post a Comment