Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Another Week in San Andres

Hey guys,

Well, another week in San Andres.  Things are going well.  I am really enjoying it here and hoping we get some good success soon.  Let's see what I can tell you for this week.

We have two baptisms this weekend.  Francisco and Angel.  Their Mom Rosa was going to be baptized this weekend also, but there was a secret man partner she had that we didn't know about.  It's really sad that she won't be able to get baptized because she's definitely ready, but I guess that's how it goes sometimes.  All she would have to do is talk to him and get married for free in the municipalidad, but she's too scared and doesn't even want to talk to him about it.  Oh well, she'll be baptized someday.  

We are working with another family, familia Mendez that seem to be doing well.  The wife is a member but the husband and the two kids are not.  The husband isn't really too interested but the two kids are.  They have been coming to the church for the last couple of months but just don't really want to commit.  Last time we went over there it was pretty funny because their dad who doesn't want to be baptized was scolding the kids saying, what are you thinking?! you want to serve God and follow his church, the first step to doing that is baptism.  Bauticense!  It was pretty nice to get that kind of help.  Usually it works the other way around with nonmember fathers.  We'll see.  I think they'll get baptized in the next couple of weeks.  

Other than that we are just looking for new investigators.  We have a couple of other leads but they aren't extremely strong.  I am really impressed with this ward though.  They are extremely awesome at giving us referrals.  They really live the every member a missionary motto of the church.  Not only do they give super awesome referrals, but they also commit to go out and visit them with us.  They are a little crazy though.  We live on the beach of a lake so everybody's always in party mode.  All the teenagers have super awesome motorcycles that they ride around on all day.  They're all definitely a lot more social than my last ward.  I'm having to get used to that cause I'm not the most social guy in the world.  That's ok though.  I think that's one of the reasons the Lord has sent me here.  

Things are going ok with my companion....   I have definitely figured out that although I do need to be obedient, but I also have to give my companion some space and let him do his own thing.  All that is important is that we get some good lessons in everyday and that we have the Spirit in those lessons. This whole week has kind of been a blur, but we did have some good success.  

This coming week, we are going with a guy in our ward as a district to Tikal.  I am SUPER excited for that.  The best part about it is that it's a free ride and we don't have to pay to get in because he has connections.   That should be super awesome.  

I found out that our area actually goes all the way from Lake Flores up to the Mexico border.  It just kind of never ends.  Kind of cool but we can't really go to any of it.  It would just be a waste of time because the farther you go away from our area; the more impossible it becomes to get people to church.  There's also the problem that it would take 5 days to get to the other side.  We also have the Mirador pyramids in our area.  They're bigger than Tikal but they're just all still covered in dirt.  They're working on uncovering it though.  Maybe it'll be ready for you guys in a year and a half.  Just joking, it takes 3 days on horseback to get there.  

Anyways, putting pictures on really took away from my letter writing time.  I love you guys.  I hope you are all doing well.  Thanks for the letters.  Have a great week!
Love,
Elder Lloyd

No comments:

Post a Comment