Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Baptisms and a Transfer

Well, I don't have a ton of time after doing all of those photos and stuff.  I will tell you all of the important stuff though.  This week was fantastic.  I think this week I learned what it means to be a missionary.  We worked soooooo hard and I loved it.  The baptism was wonderful.  We had 41 people show up to support.  One of them was Olga Villatoro, our investigator that will be baptized this Saturday.  I have a change though so I won't be able to see it.  Dang.  Oh well.  Remberto and Sylvia were so happy after their baptism.  We found Remberto some ties and a suit coat and white shirt that he was able to wear this weekend.  That was awesome and he looked really nice.

I have a transfer this week.  I’m kind of excited and kind of nervous at the same time.  I really have no idea where I'll be going.  We will have our change conference on Wednesday morning.  There I'll know where I'm going and who my new companion will be.  I really hope I get to go to Polochic and learn Kek'chi'.  That would be my dream.  I would also get to hike all day every day.  We'll see.  This area is pretty well set for baptisms this next change.  We are hoping for 8 or 9 in the next 6 weeks.  We have Olga this week and then the next week we have 3 more.  AWESOME!  We are seeing the fruits of our labors, and sore bruised feet.  I honestly am happier now than I've ever been just because we are serving the Lord with all our might.  That really is the best way to find happiness in this life. 

Mom asked me how I am being fed by members here.  The first two changes we got fed every once in a while because we would just hang out at members houses and my companion would ask them for food, but this change is the opposite.  About once every two weeks the Lopez family has fed us but that's it.  Other than that we cook.  As for the protein, We actually have been good about trying to eat some type of meat every day just to get a little bit.  We just went to Wal-Mart and I didn't even think to look for protein.  That would have been awesome.  We'll see where I get my transfer to.  If it's in the capital I'll definitely make sure to get some protein powder at Wal-Mart.  That place is amazing and it definitely has everything a Wal-Mart in the States would have. 

Sounds like the family is doing well.  It’s kind of a bummer that Rebecca hasn't had her baby yet.  I bet she's getting about ready to get it over with.  I'm super excited to hear the news next week when we have internet.  Sounds like you guys are gearing up for a super awesome trip to New York.  I like that place.  It definitely is a little different from here.  =)  I really hope you guys have a great trip.  You need to make sure and eat one of those fried potato things for me.  Those are good. 

Let's see, there wasn't much else this week besides just a bunch of awesome lessons.  I'm super excited for Wednesday.  We'll see what happens.  Make sure to keep me in your prayers as I make adjustments to areas and companions.  I love you guys a whole bunch.  I know this gospel is true.  I am so happy to be a part of spreading it across the earth.  Be bold with friends and family.  Share what you know is true.  Something that gives me comfort is how short this life is and really how much time eternity is.  Whatever we can do now to prepare ourselves for that time will surely help.  Trust in the Lord.  Faith in Him and desires to do good will get us far in this life.  I love you guys.  Have a great week.

Elder Lloyd

No comments:

Post a Comment