Monday, November 14, 2011

Hot-Hot-Hot


Hey family,

Well, another week.  Once again I don't have much time to write because of sending pictures.  I enjoyed hearing from you all.  Sounds like you guys had a fun weekend in Portland. I forgot to say last week, super awesome Cody going to Brazil!!!!!!!!  And even cooler that he and Eli are going to the same mission.  That's crazy!  They'll definitely at least get to see them every once and awhile.  Tell him I said good luck and congratulations.  Since he has so much time he should start studying now.

Let me start by answering some of your questions.  Sorry I don't always answer them.  By the time I get through mom's letter it's hard to remember any of them. ;)  First off, my health is doing well.  Nothing out of the ordinary and I am still losing weight, although a little slower than I was.  I am getting pretty sunburned.  I put SPF 75 on every day but I still get burned.  The sun is super strong here and I guess it's just kind of part of being a missionary in Peten.  I just am hoping that the Lord will have mercy on me and I won't get cancer because I am serving Him.  My machete wound is doing well.  I was a little worried because it was turning red after I got the stitches out but it seems to have healed all the way and there is no infection.  

We don't have a ward, it's a branch.  We have about 100 that come every week between my area and the other two elders' area.  All four of us share the branch.  The President of the branch is interesting.  He likes to do what he thinks is best, even if it might be against the manuals.  Like the other week he canceled church because it would be easier with the elections that day.   The branch does do a very good job at being friends with new members and making sure to include nonmembers in activities.  We work a lot more with references than anything else.  They do feed us quite a bit.  There is a family in our ward that is super rich and said that any time we need food, even if they aren't there, we can come in and take anything out of the refrigerator.  I haven't done that yet.  Maybe this week. ;)  There aren't that many inactive members here.  Most of the members here are all from 3 families.  It's a relatively new branch here in Peten.

P-days are interesting because we don't have anywhere to use internet or shop in San Andres.  We have to always take an hour ride to San Benito and Flores to use internet and shop.  It works out though because we usually do some sort of activity like soccer as a zone.  Today we went and rented an Astroturf field for 2 hours and played soccer.  Soooo hot!  It´s always hot.  Anyways, that's what we have to do on P-days.  It's a good day.  We also ate at Pizza hut.  Mmmmmmm.

Our apartment is not that great.  Ha-ha.  We do have a shower but it is definitely not hot.  It actually feels really good to take a cold shower in the mornings.  It's just a really big room with everything in it.   
We got to go plant corn 3 times this week with Abraham to help him have time to get baptized.  We woke up at 5 every morning and walked 1 hour through the jungle to get to the field.  It is sooooooo hot out there and there is nowhere to hide.  We hauled water, planted corn, and sprayed pesticides.  It was a good experience.  
Well, I got to go.  I love you guys.  Have a great week.  Oh yes, Abraham and Devorly got baptized but Abraham's sisters didn't show up.  They'll get baptized this weekend.  THE TIME GOES SO FAST!!!!!!! bye!

Love,
Elder Lloyd

No comments:

Post a Comment