Monday, November 21, 2011

Brand new Companion


Hey family,

Well I got a call at 10:30 on Saturday night that I am going to be training this change.  Pretty exciting!  Right now, I'm back in the capital getting ready to go over to the mission office and receive some training.  Then we'll stay with the AP's tonight and have the change conference tomorrow morning where I'll get to meet my new companion.  It will be interesting to see what kind of a guy he is.  Hopefully he likes to work.

That trip from Peten to the capitol is a doozy.  I left last night at 9:00 pm and went all night and got here at 7:00 this morning.  We went on a double decker bus on the second level and it was crazy!  Those drivers are insane.  There were a couple times when he drifted the bus to try to avoid semi trucks.  He even had the tires screeching.  Not the greatest thing when there are 80 people on the bus.  But we did make it.  I'm just super tired and can't wait to sleep tonight!

It's really freezing in the capitol I've noticed as I got back.  My toes have been freezing.  But I'm just soaking as much of it in now before I have to get back to San Andres.  It is so hot there. 

Let's see, Saturday we had a baptism in the lake.  =)  That was awesome.  I didn't do the baptism but it was cool because Abraham, the kid that got baptized last weekend, was able to baptize his little sister.  My companion baptized his other sister too.  It was a pretty cool thing.  We had everybody sitting on the rocks and singing hymns and stuff.  My companion "accidentally" slipped and fell in the water and started to swim. awesome... Ha ha.  It was a great baptism though. 

We had a conference for all of Guatemala.  It was a broadcast with Elder Holland and President Uchdorf.  The coolest part was that Elder Holland bore his testimony in Spanish for about 5 minutes.  It was so cool!  As far as I knew, he doesn't know Spanish.  It seemed like the gift of tongues to me.  They were pretty excited for the Quetzaltenango temple dedication in 3 weeks.  So is everybody else here in Guatemala.  It's a shame we can't go. That would be cool.  But when you come to pick me up we'll have to swing by.

Well, as always, the time flew by.  My letter seems pretty short, but I think it's just because I'm so tired.  I'm excited to tell you guys about my companion this coming week.  Hope everybody enjoys thanksgiving.  I love you.  Eat some good turkey for me.  I'll have to see if I can find some here.  Oh, and the rolls too.... enjoy... Oh my goo'ness, oh my goo'ness. 
Until next week.
Elder Lloyd

No comments:

Post a Comment