Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Guatemala City Arrival


Well, I made it!  Sweeeeeeet! I´m using a Spanish keyboard and have limited time so don´t worry too much about the errors.  What a crazy experience!  We got off at the airport and instead of sending a representative from the MTC, we had nobody... haha.  Then this big school bus pulls up and asks if we´re the Mormon missionaries.  The driver handed me a cellphone and I had to talk to somebody at the MTC about what we were supposed to do, all in Spanish.  A little bit freaky, but we made it here.  Guatemala City is a really crazy place! We´re right in the heart of the city.  

The MTC is really small but really really nice.  It´s probably like a five-star hotel here.  Our teachers are both natives and speak very limited English.  When we got here nobody really told us what we should be doing so we just started to unpack and shower and stuff.  Then, we finally got to meet our teachers and get a schedule of what we´ll be doing for the next couple days.  

Sorry if this email is a little random.  I only got about 2 hours of sleep in the past 36 hours and we´ve got a whole day of work ahead of us.  Our whole district is of gringos and most of them were beginners at the Provo MTC.  My old companion and I are the only ones that speak Spanish fairly well.  I got a new companion.  He´s pretty nice but a bit tired though.  

Cool, I just noticed that you can see the temple outside the window about 100 feet away.  Because the MTC is right in the middle of the city, it´s got some serious security - complete with guards with shotguns in front - so we should be pretty safe.  It really reminds me a lot of Ecuador here.  They told us that after about 3 weeks they´ll take us on a day long field trip where we get to go everywhere cool in the city.  I´m pretty excited for that.  

Wow, this email´s super random, sorry.  It's just been a ton to take in all at once.  Our teacher was telling us that the North Mission has a ton of jungle areas in it and that we´ll most likely all be able to serve there.  

Well, I'd better go.  I love you guys.  I think that p-day will always be on Wednesdays.  Also, you might just continue emailing me or using dearelder.com.  Also here is a website they said might be useful for our families. I don't really know what it is.  guatemalaccm.com                     

I love you.  Have a great week.  I'm sure I'll have  a ton to write about next week.  
Until then,  Elder Lloyd

No comments:

Post a Comment