Tuesday, April 12, 2011

First Letter from MTC


Wednesday, April 6, 2011
Dear Familia,
Today was so great!  It’s only the first night and I already feel like I’ve learned so much.  This place is amazing.  I got here and we immediately went to our Spanish class.  I’m in the intermediate class so we started speaking from the start.  My companion is Elder Keyes from Orem.  Our district is the best and I can tell we’re really going to grow together.   Elder Keyes is the most enthusiastic guy I’ve ever met.  He’s also going to Guatemala and will go into the MTC the same time I do.  Our roommates are Elders Duran and Granadas.  They’re from Mexico and Guatemala respectively.  He’s from Quetzaltenango.  They’re both going to Kentucky and neither knows any English.  Kind of crazy, but it is great.  I’m so excited to spend every day learning the gospel.  Tonight, we did a bunch of role-play scenarios that helped a lot.  We’ll see how tomorrow goes.  I love you guys so much.  This is all the time I have for a letter.  Better go to bed.  Hast luego.  Love you!  Elder Adam Lloyd
Well, it’s the second night and I haven’t sent my letter yet so I might as well say a few more things.  So as we were failing at our attempt to sleep, our roommates told us they were actually both from the US (In English).  Ha!  It was a good joke and we’ve actually decided we’re going to keep only speaking Spanish.  Today was a really long day!  It seems like we’ve been here for a week!  My district is so great.  They have such strong testimonies of the gospel and really want to be great missionaries – all of them.  Elder Ashworth is going to California, Elder Perry to Dallas, Elder Doran to Honduras, Sister Moody to Salt Lake and Sister Anderson to California.  They are great!
Tonight, we had our first meeting with the Branch Presidency.  I was called as our district leader so hopefully, I can fill that job.  Well, I’m kind of cheating writing again.  Better wait until P-day on Tuesday.  I love you and am doing great!  Love, Elder Lloyd

No comments:

Post a Comment