Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Prep Day!

 
Hey family!

Well, another week and another chance to tell you about what's going on here in Zona Alameda.  Sounds like everybody is doing really well back at home.  Sounds like James' job assessment went really well also.  That's exciting.  I sure hope that turns into a job for him.  Also sounds like your stake conference went really well.  The best news I have gotten in a long time was that Cody received the Priesthood.  You have no idea how happy that makes me.  I have prayed pretty hard that he would be able to make that step.  It's awesome to see everybody from our quorum getting things in order to serve the Lord.  By the way, do you think you could get me Scott's address?  I would really like to write him. 

We had a fantastic week.  It was a little weird because we had hardly any lessons with investigators, only 8, but we found 11 new investigators.  I'll try and get everything about the week in this one letter. 

First of all, I want to answer some questions.  First of all, Mom asked me a little bit about P-day.  We don't really get to go see the sites of Guatemala very much because in the Zone that we are at, there aren't really any sights, just poorness.  But We did get to go to the temple once and also went bowling another time.  I'll let you know how today was like so you can know how it usually is.  We studied until 11 and then left to go look in the Pacas, God's gift to man.  They're these suuuuuuuper cheap thrift stores of clothes from the states.  Usually you can find stores that are on sale for everything at 3 quetz, or the equivalent of 37 cents in US coinage.  Ties for 37 cents!  Amazing!  My find of the day was a suit with pants and everything that fit me perfectly for 50 quetz, or about $6.25.  Yes!  I have been pretty happy throughout the day because of that find.  Then at 12:30 we went to a tienda and I bought about 5 quetz of chips and stuff for lunch.  Then we met up as a zone in the stake center and played basketball and soccer.  I am so horrible at soccer and don't like it too much but I play anyways.  Then at 2:30 we went to go buy our groceries at the supermarket for an hour.  I bought all of my food for the week with 10 dollars.  Then we came back and started internet at 4:15.  We'll finish and have about 30 minutes before going out to work.  We don't have too much free time but it is really nice to get things done one day of the week. 

Another question was how is my companion.  He is awesome.  He is still working like a bestia and we are having a ton of fun.  Since we haven’t had too much success getting in with investigators, we have been doing a lot of tracking, about 3 hours every day.  It's hard but we really are focusing on finding some new people to teach so that we can always have  a cycle of progressing investigators in this area.  That way we will be baptizing more than just once every 4 months.  The Lopez family, family of Violeta that just got baptized is doing really well.  We had an amazing lesson with them on the 7th and again on the 10th and were able to put two more baptismal dates with her sister Sylvia and her niece Sharon.  We also pushed Carla's date back to the 1st of October and those 3 should be getting baptized on the same day.  Their dad is getting interested too.  Before, he had no interest whatsoever.  It's pretty cool to see the Spirit working on him and the rest of the family.  Yesterday the whole family was in church.

Soraida has been really busy these last two weeks working for the elections so hasn’t had any time for us.  She says she is still definitely interested in being baptized, but we shall see.  We have to call her tonight and try to set up and appointment with her again.  The elections were yesterday so we didn’t get to work and had to stay in the house the whole day.  I guess missionaries have gotten attacked before.  Oh ya, we are working until 9:00 again.  That has really improved the work here. 

We had a family ask a member in the ward to tell us that they wanted us to pass by and teach them.  So we went by on Thursday and taught them a lesson.  Their names are Manfredo and Olga Villatoro de Castillo.  They are pretty awesome and seem to be really interested.  We have another appointment with them tomorrow.  Hopefully they are there and we get to teach them.  If things go well, we can invite them to baptism. 

We also found Raul and Carmen Gonzalez and started teaching them.  They're kind of a similar story except they didn’t ask us to come and teach.  We found them through their daughter who's a member. 

Also, we passed by the Soveranes family for the first time in about 2 months because we thought they weren't interested but they were actually there and we got to teach them a lesson.  They seem super awesome and like they might be able to progress.  We also have an appointment with them tomorrow night. 

Well, I better get going.  We have a movie night watching the Testaments with the Lopez family at 6:00.  It should be really good.  Our last lesson was on the Book of Mormon and they should really like the movie.  Hopefully it will give them that extra little desire to read and learn more.  I really feel great about this family.  I love them so much and it is such a joy to get to see them change and accept the Gospel in their lives.  Oh ya!  Violeta went to the temple this last week and did baptisms for the dead!  ¡Pilisimas!  Man, that made me so happy, and her too.  Anyways, my companion and I are working super hard and will definitely see some major success in the next couple of months.  I hope you are all doing well.  It's great to hear from you!

Love,
Elder Lloyd

Hey Mom,

I was wondering if you could give me the recipe for your sweet and sour sauce that goes with meatballs.  I'm definitely having a hankering.  =) 
Thanks!
Elder Jjjjaaaadam Lloyd

No comments:

Post a Comment