Monday, June 6, 2011

"I'm Ready t'go!"



 President and Sister Watts July 2011-July 2014     President and Sister Torres July 2008-July 2011



Well hey there familia, 

How's everybody doing?  Sorry mom that my day for email is today so I didn’t get to see your letter.  I'm not sure if I'll get to use the internet for a couple minutes in the next couple of days to let you guys know where I'll be going or not.  Hopefully I will. 
Well, not much has happened in the past week.  Well nothing but, studying, eating, and praying.  I guess I can tell you what the next couple of days are going to be like.  Today all of the missionaries who left Guatemala flew out to their fields.  Tomorrow my mission president will be here at 8:00 a.m. to pick all 14 of us going to their mission up.  Then we'll have the whole day to do interviews, get to know them, get trained, and maybe even do a little proselyting.  After the day is through we come back to the CCM to sleep because there aren't too many beds at the mission home.  Wednesday morning we'll wake up and go to the transfer meeting and find out who our companion is and where we'll be for the next little while.  I think that's how it's going to go but it could change.  Either way, I'm really excited. 
It has been a really good experience in the MTC but I'm definitely ready to get out and do some work.  Studying has been good.  I've really been trying to help my companion get excited to do the work.  Sometimes it's hard when other elders are partying during study time but we go and try to get focused, and then we realize just how much worth it is when we get to teach and feel the guidance of the Spirit.  It's really cool, every lesson we teach, we spend time making a lesson plan and then totally change it and teach by what we think needs to be taught.  I just hope that follows me out into the field.  It's going to be a little bit different when we're teaching real investigators but I'm going to try really hard to not be scared and just open my mouth and share the gospel.  I hope I have a great companion.  If not though, I guess I can try to make him great.  It'll be interesting to see if I get assigned a gringo companion, a Latino who speaks a little English, a native Spanish speaker, or a Kekchi speaker that speaks a little Spanish on the side.  Whatever it is it'll be pretty exciting. 
I've really enjoyed the opportunity to be at the CCM.  Not only has it been a great spiritual experience, but it's been a tremendous help to my Spanish.  It's really cool when somebody will be speaking in English and switch into Spanish and I don't even know it happened.  I'm even having trouble speaking English.  Sometimes I go a whole day without saying anything in English.  Sometimes I'll go to the North American districts to tell them something and it takes forever to remember a word.  It's actually kind of funny when it happens.  So I'm definitely grateful that I'll be going out relatively comfortable with the language. 
We'll see, maybe I'll go straight into Kekchi.  =)  As far as my safety, I'll be cautious with everything.  The last thing I would want to do is hurt myself or get sick and not be able to work.  Oh yes, one cool thing is that most of our mission gets mamitas to cook for them 2 meals.  That should help so I don't get sick too often.  They really take good care of the missionaries here though and make sure they have everything to live "comfortably." 
Let's see what else?  I feel like this letter is a little boring cause not much has happened this week.  Oh, the other day in class i got assigned to teach an hour and a half long lesson in Spanish to the district with no preparation.  That was a growing experience.  It was actually one of the best lessons I've ever given.  It was cool because I received all sorts of revelation on what I should teach. 
Well, time's running out.  I'm sure my next letter will be a little more exciting, but just know I'm excited, ready to work, and I love you guys.  Thanks for all your support and prayers.  Have a great week and I'll talk to you soon.                      Elder Lloyd

No comments:

Post a Comment