Monday, February 13, 2012

Transfers


Hey fam,

Well, I have a transfer this Wednesday.  I still don't know exactly where I am going or who my companion is, but I do know I'm not going to the capitol, so I'll be in either Coban, Baja Verapaz, Peten, or Polochik.  Oh ya, my companion is going to be training here in San Andres.  Crazy!

Well, sounds like things are going really well with everybody.  Thanks for the letters.  Now I am going to try and pound out this letter so that maybe I can send some pictures afterward.  

The first thing I wanted to write about was the wedding.  It was great!  You would not believe how ridiculously late people come to weddings here!  The bride and groom were 1 hour late and the lawyer, which does the actual ceremony, was 2 hours late!  I couldn't believe it!  The we had to leave the church and run over to the lawyer's house 15 minutes away to be able to wake him up from a nap and get him there!  Oh well, it happened.  We were able to work with all the branch members to get them fancy clothes and also make food for afterward.  Being so poor they had nothing to wear, but they were looking super nice with the help of the members.  

It was a super good wedding.  I felt a little bad because Amalia speaks Kekchi and only a little Spanish and her parents speak absolutely zero Spanish, so they were a little overwhelmed.  I think she was a little embarrassed being the center of attention.  We got some good pictures.  The funniest one is of the kiss.  Haha.  It was so awkward looking.  I'll attach the picture. The food was also delicious.  My chicken that I bought turned out amazing.  We were able to use a bakery's huge oven to cook it really cheap and deliciously.  After the wedding it started poring down rain so everybody stayed in the church to not get wet.  We had to stay and clean up so not much work other than the wedding got done that day.  But, who cares, they're married and definitely both excited for their baptism this Saturday.  

Another thing that I really wanted to tell about was that I made lasagna for district meeting on Wednesday.  /=^)  That was amazing.  I have gone way to long without it and it was about time since it's the month of my birthday.  I figured it would be a good opportunity to make it in our last meeting together.  It was super tasty and actually not to expensive to make.  It was funny because we used a bunch of little personal packages of spaghetti sauce to do it. 

I think one of the greatest miracles that has happened to me happened this week.  I learned alot about putting goals, fasting and prayer.  I don't know if I told you guys about it, but we put a goal this week of finding somebody new, teaching them and then putting a specific baptismal date for the 10th of March with them.  Well, last Sunday we really fasted and prayed to be able to meet that goal.  I have to admit, sometimes in my mission it has been easy to put goals and then never think about them again, and just not really strive to get them, but this one was different.  I really wanted to see what would happen.  So we went through the week working and trying to find them, but it just wasn't happening.  Honestly, this week has been kinda hard compared to some of the last weeks.  A lot of our appointments were falling through and we weren't having much luck finding new investigators.  Well, we had had a referral for a couple of weeks that we had never been able to contact because the member never was willing to go with us.  But we decided to try and contact it.  Well, when we got there, the lady was there.  She said that she had talked to 4 or 5 sets of missionaries before and had never been too interested, but lately she has been feeling the need to talk again.  Well, within 20 minutes, she had asked us when she could be baptized and we all agreed on the 10th of March.  She came to church yesterday and seems to really be progressing.  She has 3 or 4 kids that are members.  It was a miracle.  

Well, transfers.  My companion is super afligido!  Haha.  You should have seen the size of his eyes when the Zone Leaders called and told me he would be training.  What's even harder is that the 2 other Elders in our district have changes also and Elder Adams will be the only one staying to show the others about the areas.  It's probably my fault, I may have told president in a letter that my companion was fluent in the language, great with the people, and ready for any assignment needed.  Whoops... =)  He'll be great though.  

Now I am just anxiously waiting to here about my change.  Tonight Elder Adams goes to the capital at 9pm and I stay with the other 2 elders in my district.  Tomorrow night Elder Rodriguez goes to the capitol for his change, and Wednesday Elder Miller and I will find out our changes.  I send pictures next week.  I'm super excited!  These last 3 changes have flown by though!

Well, picture time.  Love you all.  Have a great week and stay well and happy.  

Love,
Elder Lloyd

No comments:

Post a Comment