Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Brrrrr.

Hey fam,
 
Hey, sorry I don't have too much time to write because I had so much mail!  Things are going great here and I am going to really quick tell a little bit about what happened this week and today. 

The change in climate has made me a little sick.  Well, a lot sick with a cold and I think I might have sinus-itis (however you spell that).  But, I think I might be getting better.  It's just a little hard because our water heater on the shower broke and it makes me more sick every morning, but tomorrow we are going to buy a new one. 
 
We were able to put a date for baptism on the tenth of march with a couple and a little nine year old kid this week.  We also are trying to work with the members to be able to get some references and start working with them.  The members here are awesome.  People  have always told me that zone leaders always get the best and biggest areas and wards to work with.  Our ward is about 150 active people and we have a goal to get the attendance up to 200.  This week was a little rough as far as visits though because I was sick and my companion is a little chambón(lazy.)  But, this week is going to be good and we are going to work a lot harder. 
 
We have some awesome elders and sisters in our zone.  12 elders and 6 sisters.  Two of the areas in our zone were able to get over 20 new investigators each just in this week.  That's crazy good. They really know how to work.  As a zone leader it is a little crazy because we are in charge of everybody and out area is huge.  We are in the center and just to get to one of the areas in Tanchi it's 2 hours in a few different buses.  We are also in charge of recieving any of the elders or sisters that come from the capital to go to coban, polochic, or verapaz at the bus station and buy tickets for those going to the capital.  We also have to deal with fighting elders in the zone.  That is the worst part.  But, for the most part it's good. 
 
Tomorrow president watts is coming and doing conferences and interviews.  That should be really great.  We also are going to be doing divisions with the assistents to the president, one of which was just the zone leader here before we came so that will be really good for us.  That way he can show us around a little more. 
Well, times up.  I love you all and hope you are having a great winter.  =)  Weather is absolutely perfect here.  All the time.  Just a little cold at night.  Have a great day and eat some lasagna for me.  The church is true!!!!!!!!!
Love
Elder Lloyd

No comments:

Post a Comment