Monday, August 8, 2011

The work goes on!


Hey fam.

Well, yesterday was awesome.  11 INVESTIGATORS AT CHURCH!!!!!!!  11?!!!  It was crazy awesome and definitely the most happy I´ve been since the mission has started.  We are having some great success lately.  The best part is the power that we are feeling in our lessons.  We have a date with Ingrid Lopez to be baptized the 20th of this month.  She´s super excited and so are we.  She was there with all of her family and they were super happy to be in church.  With all of the kids of our investigators and everybody, we filled 3 full benches in the Sacrament room.  Chilero.  We went yesterday morning to all our investigators and helped get them ready for church.  Then we walked to church with all of them and a couple of member families to the church.  We were like 35 people in the street and I was kinda sad I didn´t have my camera. 

Our ward is sooooo weak.  We have no help from anybody.  It kinda stunk this week because our ward mission leader was released and they didn´t call a new one.  We took the count of people in Sacrament meeting and there were 88 people.  15 were investigators for the first time and 20 were Less Actives.  The high councilman got up and told the ward that and said, if you guys don´t get to work, you´re going to be a branch.  Woah... Hopefully we see some improvement. 

We had a lady talk to us in the street this week and tell us she wanted us to come by.  Turns out she was taking the lessons before and even had a baptismal date, but the elders both had transfers and they whitewashed the area.  The elders hadn´t been writing anything in the area book so there was no record of this lady.  But, here we are and she really knows she needs to be baptized.  She came to church this sunday with her kids and says she wants to be baptized in Septiembre.  We´re super excited and the two times that we´ve been over there, the Spirit has been super strong. 

It is pretty awesome to teach by the Spirit.  There have been multiple times where I am teaching in a really spiritual lesson where I don´t even feel like I´m talking.  I´ll be talking and at the same time I´m thinking, woah, this is weird, I´m speaking super fast spanish.  And then still just keep talking.  The coolest part is that afterward I really have no idea what I said.  I know that the Spirit fills our mouths as we share the truth.

Indira y Diego Perez didn´t come to church this week because he had to work again.  That was kinda disappointing.  I think with them we´re really just planting a seed and other missionaries are going to be the ones to bring them the fullness of the gospel.  They will definitely be baptized though, I have no doubt. Another problem that we have with them is that Indira is going to have a baby in a couple of weeks and out of tradition, the women here don´t leave their bed for 40 days after the birth... Sooooo, ya.  We´ll see.

Well, the time has escaped me.  I love all you guys.  I hope things are going great.  By the way, James´ apartment is fantastic!  You guys did a super good job.  Dad, you´re tiling just keeps getting better and better every time.  I really admire your hard work and am super grateful for the example you´ve set.  Actually, I´m super grateful for the example that each of you has set for you.  I couldn´t have asked for a better family to prepare me for these two crucial years of my life.  I love you guys.  Have a great week!

Elder Lloyd

No comments:

Post a Comment