Thursday, May 26, 2011

New Companion!


Hey family!  Well thanks for the letter about all the fun I'm missing out on.  Oh well.  I am having plenty of fun here.  Hey mom, your letters might make a little more sense if you didn’t dictate them... Sorry, there's some things I didn’t understand. 

Well this week was intense!  Spanish is my life now.  It's been pretty hard but I've already learned a lot.  Our district is pretty awesome.  My companion is awesome.  His name is Elder Orellana from Honduras and he really reminds me a lot of Andy Campbell.  Out of all of the Elders that came in this week, I couldn’t have chosen a better companion.  He came prepared.  We've been teaching and he really knows his stuff.  More importantly, he knows how to listen, wait, and then teach with the Spirit.  He´s going to the El Salvador East mission.  It´s pretty awesome that we´re all going to be out in the field in 2 weeks.  Even more crazy is that I´ve been a missionary for over 7 weeks!  I really feel like a missionary now.  I think back to before my mission and how timid I was when I had to answer a question about the Gospel, and that was in English.  Now, I feel confident to bare my testimony.  Of course I am still in the MTC.  It might be a bit different when I get out into the real world.  I really am feeling ready to hit the ground running. 

This new assignment has really kept me busy and I´m glad for it.  It´s preparing me just a little bit better for the field because I know it’s going to be really hard.  I´m so excited to just work a ton and teach real people. 

Let´s see, what else this week?  We went to the temple this morning and my companion was there for the first time getting his own endowments.  That was really cool.  14 other missionaries got their endowments today also. 

Other news, I´ve been really sick for about 3 weeks.  All of the North Americans got a parasite and it was pretty bad, but we all took these 4 huge pills like La Bomba and it cleaned us out.  I seem to be doing a lot better now.  I did lose 8 pounds in 3 days though.  I figure I better get used to it cause it´s going to be like that my whole mission.  But it´s ok, they have boxes and boxes of those pills that they distribute pretty regularly.  Don´t worry too much mom.  Let´s see, I´m trying to remember what all I did this week.  Pretty much just a bunch of Spanish and meetings.  We have meetings like crazy here and I have to conduct every one.  At least it gives me some practice in case I have a calling in the mission.  Sorry I can´t send any pictures, they don´t let us here.  I´ll do it as soon as I can in the field. 

Well, they´re telling me I need to get off of here.  I´m doing great, really excited, and learning every day.  I love you so much!  This week is the last week that anybody can send me letters of dearelders to the CCM.  After that this is the address of the mission home.  I´ll let you know after that what is the best way.  BYE!                                  
Mail  please send ALL mail and packages to:
Elder Adam Lloyd
Mision Guatemala Ciudad Norte
Apartado Numero 951A
Guatemala, Guatemala CA

(this is a post box. We pick up and deliver to your missionary)
You may also try using www.dearElder.com to send mail. It's free!

No comments:

Post a Comment