Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Baptisms!


Hey guys, 

Well, for some reason my time has gone by really fast.  I do know that my companion had a really good letter home so you can just look at his blog if you want to know more.  I am going to try to get it all in.  It just seems like when I send pictures it always takes a lot of time.  

Anyways, the first thing I want to tell you guys about is Jonny.  This investigator is probably the most golden investigator I've had in my entire mission.  We only taught him about 3 or 4 times but he told us he wanted to be baptized and he was ready.  Well, last week he informed us that he had a month long training in the capital for his new job he had found and that he would also be working every Sunday and would not be able to be baptized.  Really, it hurt soooo bad to know that he wouldn't be able to be baptized.  So we stayed like that.  Just kind of sad because he wouldn't be able to do it.  But, Tuesday morning we got a call from Jonny and he said, Elders, I have some great news.  I'm going to be baptized this week!  He got permission to come back to Coban for the baptism on Saturday and also permission in his new job to be able to have every other Sunday off to go to church.   He was so excited and so were we!  So, Saturday he got back and we reviewed the baptismal interview questions and he had the interview right after and passed with flying colors.  He also asked me to baptize him so that was really cool.  I just was so grateful that the Lord new his need to be baptized and provided the way.  That's 1 Nephi 3:7 in action!

We did a division with another area on Friday so that one of our District Leaders could do the interviews of the Gomez family while I was in the DLs area.  While I was in the other area, apparently things didn’t go too well on the interview.  Turns out that when the Elder asked if the grandma, Ana, had prayed to know if the Church was true, she had forgotten and said no.  So she didn't pass.  Also, the power went out and they weren't able to do the rest of the interviews.  Darn it.  We found out that Ana had a hit to the head a few years ago that makes her forget things easily.  We went Saturday morning and reviewed and asked if it was truly their desire to be baptized.  We even kneeled in prayer to know the will of the Father. After that prayer we knew that Ana was ready and that her grandson Harry was ready to be baptized and needed to do it.  So they did.  It was amazing and wonderful to see the difference the Spirit is making in their lives already.  

Well, I'm really sorry, but time's up.  I love you guys.  Just know how much I love you and appreciate your support.  The work is going super well and I am loving it!  Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Lloyd

No comments:

Post a Comment