Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy Mother's Day


Hey family,

¿Que tal les va la onda por allí?  =)  Things are great here in Coban.  I sure loved talking to you guys last night.  Sometimes it's nice to talk to some normal people in English.  Talking to other gringo missionaries is hard sometimes because half of our vocabulary is Spanish now and we just speak in what we think is "normal English."  Really though, it was a delight talking to you.  Although the homesickness is inevitable after you have talked to your family.  That's ok though, I just washed it down with some pudding and A and W Rootbeer that I had in the fridge.  =) 

Sounds like everybody is doing really well.  I have been blessed throughout my mission to have my family stay safe and in fairly good help (even though we could all afford to lose a few pounds.)  ;)  There are some elders in the mission that really have to worry about what's going on home. Some even worry about how active their parents and siblings are.  I have been blessed.  I have also seen the blessings that have come to you guys as I have been serving.  The Lord has been answering my prayers.  I feel that as I am serving here, you have all grown spiritually.  I hope you guys keep it up.  I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty proud when I tell people that my parents are temple workers. 

Things are good here.  Today was a great, calm p-day.  We were able to play some soccer.  I honestly haven't liked soccer my whole mission but today was actually the first time I have liked it.  I haven't been playing for the past 2 months but today played for the first time.  Not to brag or anything, but I did make 5 goals.  I think I'm Messi's long lost twin.  We then were able to go eat a triple bacon burguesa from McDonald's.  That was awesome because they gave me a large drink and fries without even charging me.  Then we went and bought cereal and now we're using internet.  Pretty exciting.  Elder Proctor was able to find some Ecco shoes in a paca for 50 quetz, so that was awesome.  His shoes were getting worn out so we had to find some new ones today.  We prayed before we went out that we might be able to find some good ones.  What do you know, just his size in a paca for 6 dollars.  It's just like all the car windshields say here in Guatemala, "Regalito de Dios." 

We are getting excited for this weekend for the baptism of Guadalupe.  She is for sure going to be baptized.  Yesterday we were able to plan all the details with her and she was really excited.  She's going to be baptized Saturday at 6pm.  We'll send you the pictures. 

As for that, we are just looking for new investigators like crazy.  Sometimes you look and can't find.  That's hard but we know they're there.  We just gotta work hard and the Lord will provide.  We have been fasting a lot too.  We shall see what this next week brings. 

We have a conference with President Watts this Thursday.  We are pretty exited for that.  We have 9 new Elders in the zone out of the 20, so it will be really good to get everybody settled and excited to work.  Our zone has been struggling with the work.  We only have 7 baptismal dates placed in the entire zone so we are putting a goal of having 2 new dates in each area this week with a totally of 18 new baptismal dates in the zone.  With faith, we know it's possible.  Talking a lot with my companion, we have figured out what the problem is with the zone.  We were wondering why we aren't having success.  We figured out that sometimes missionaries are sometimes so busy being missionaries that they forget the purpose of being a missionary, inviting to come unto Christ through baptism.  Baptism is the gate of the path to eternal life.  Without inviting people to be baptized, we are just standing in front of the gate being a cool distraction.  If we present the Book of Mormon, testify, and invite, people will get baptized.  It's gonna happen.

By the way, I wanted to let you know my companion has a blog.  His name is Kyle Brady Proctor.  You should look him up.  Last night his parents found my blog and were looking at my pictures.  Haha. 

Well, don't have much to say this week because of the phone call.  Thanks again for all the love and support.  Hope you have a good week.  Just wanted to share this last scripture
2 Nephi 28:24.  Think about it.
Love,
Elder Lloyd

No comments:

Post a Comment