Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Great Week!


Hey fam,

This week was a great week. 

We were actually able to work again and we had some great success.  My companion has started feeling better and seems to be ready to get going again.  We have had some great lessons and found some great new investigators. 

We were able to put a baptismal date with one of the investigators we have.  His name is Densil and he actually lived in Houston for 8 years.  He's 24 and knows perfect English.  He has had a rough life and it actually wouldn't surprise me if he was part of a gang while he was in the US.  But, we have really been talking about the repentance and how he can change.  He really has changed too.  Every investigator needs their own testimony and their own lesson that changes their life and his was the plan of salvation.  To know that we can live with our Heavenly father again really gave him hope.  We are really working with him for the 28th of April.  Hopefully he will make it.  I know he can.  We'll see how it goes this week.

I was able to go to Carcha, an area in our zone, on divisions this Thursday. That was awesome.  It is so beautiful.  That is the pictures I sent of me on the hill with the book of Mormon in my hand.  It is huge and the Elders there have a lot of work to do.  What happened is that there used to be 3 pairs of Elders out there and 3 areas, but we were short on missionaries and we had to close 2 of the areas there and made it one giant area.  It's crazy!  The best part is that there are a lot of little villages all over the place and a lot of Kekchi speaking people.  It was a great division.  We were able to have a lot of lessons and find 6 new investigators.  Then at night, there was a nice sky full of stars and the fireflies were out by the thousands.  It was one of the most beautiful moments in my mission.  It's times like those that really make me feel grateful that I am here in Guatemala.  The only thing that wasn't so great about the division is that the Elder that I went with is pretty new and has not been working hard enough trying to learn Spanish.  Wow, it was rough.  I felt so bad for him.  He couldn't help me teach at all.  But, we were able to talk about it and set some goals for his study and how he can improve.  I think he's a little more excited now to be able to learn.  We'll see.  Anyways, great area out there and I had a lot of fun. 

Today was P-day and we got to do a great trip.  We went to the Rey Marcos caves in Chamelco in our zone.  It was about a 30 minute drive and some seriously awesome caves and waterfalls.  In the pictures are all the Elders and Sisters in our zone.  It was a great time and I am really glad we got to go.  It reminded me a lot of the caves we got to go in in Ecuador.  The only difference was that we didn't have to swim.  The Hermanas were all scared and hyperventilating.  But, everybody survived and we really enjoyed.  The waterfalls were also really cool.  It was also only about 4 dollars to get in and for all the equipment.  Pretty cool. 

Well, things are really good.  I love you guys.  This week we have a zone conference.  That should be fun.  Have a great week.
Love,
Elder Lloyd

No comments:

Post a Comment